Delicious Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe
The following is a delicious poundcake recipe from Rosies Bakery All-Butter Fresh Cream Sugar-Packed Baking Book
CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
3 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 large eggs, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan with butter or vegetable oil.
2. Sift the cake flour into a small bowl and set aside.
3. Cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a med-size mixing bowl with the mixer on med-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stop the mixer once or twice to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
4. Add the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture and mix on med speed after each addition until blended, each time. When all the eggs are added mix 30 seconds more.
5. Stir the flour gently into the bater with a rubber spatula. Then mix on low speed 5 seconds, scrape the bowl, and blend until the batter is smooth and even, 5 – 10 seconds.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake the cake on the center oven rack until golden and firm to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out dry, about 1 hour 35 minutes.
7. Allow cake to cool completely in the pan beore unmolding and serving.
I substituted almond extract for vanilla extract. I like the taste better.